You can follow the development on our Github repository. Constributions are welcome!
[1.17] – 2023-12-04
- Added option to specify the Google Tag Manager environment.
- Performance optimization through optimized database queries and general code improvements.
- Added a filter to deactivate the container, so the container can be deactivated on specific pages.
- Improved support of the ‘add_to_wishlist’ event. Themes and plugins just have to add the class ‘add_to_wishlist’ on the ‘Add to wishlist’ button.
- Add missing _sbp cookie in the cookie keeper.
- The constant GTMKIT_EDD_DEBUG_TRACK_PURCHASE and GTMKIT_WC_DEBUG_TRACK_PURCHASE was not overriding correct.
- Because of recent changes in WooCommerce clicks on grouped products in a product list would be treated as add_to_cart and not select_item.
- Clicks on variation products and grouped products in product lists was treated as add_to_cart events and are now select_item events as they should be.
- If a product ID prefix was used the ‘add_to_cart’ event did not work on grouped products.
- Refactoring code for simplicity and maintainability.
[1.16.2] – 2023-11-15
- Fix critical JS bug.
[1.16] – 2023-11-15
- Add option to include customer data from Easy Digital Downloads on the purchase event.
- Added the filter ‘gtmkit_datalayer_script’, which allows you to filter the datalayer script.
- Added the constant ‘GTMKIT_EDD_DEBUG_TRACK_PURCHASE’, which allows users of Easy Digital Downloads to force tracking of purchase event on every page refresh for debugging.
- Billing state and shipping stat was not included in the customer data on the ‘purchase’ event.
- Tested up to WordPress 6.4
- Tested up to WooCommerce 8.3
[1.15] – 2023-10-24
- Added support for the WooCommerce block ‘all-products’.
- Inline scripts are now registered with the wp_add_inline_script insted of wp_head. This allows easy extension GTM Kit and implementation of a CSP (Content Security Policy).
- The product ID Prefix was not added when a product variation was selected.
- Tax was not added on the total on the add_shipping_info and add_payment_info events.
[1.14.2] – 2023-10-11
- Items was not loaded correct in the Ease Digital Downloads begin_checkout event.
- Fixes a problem where variation products would use the master product id.
- Fixes an error when shipping was selected in the WooCommerce block cart.
[1.14.1] – 2023-10-06
- Set custom page type in post sidebar was removed by mistake in 1.14
- Fix possible naming collision with other GTM plugins
[1.14] – 2023-10-03
- There is a new admin GUI based on WordPress components and the admin is now more extendable.
- We have added a more robust method of adding data attributes to the HTML.
- The autoload of options has been optimized for better performance.
- Flush cache after setting or updating an option.
- Require WordPress 6.2
- Require WooCommerce 7.6
- Tested up to WooCommerce 8.2
[1.13.2] – 2023-09-25
- Fixes a bug that prevented the option to import settings from other plugins on first install.
[1.13.1] – 2023-08-31
- Fixes a bug where a REST request could fail because the function is_plugin_active() is not ready.
- Tested up to WooCommerce 8.1
[1.13.0] – 2023-08-30
- Add option to set Google Consent Mode default settings if a Consent Management Platform is not used.
- Added support for import of more plugin configurations.
- Prevent Consent Management Platforms from blocking GTM Kit and the Google Tag Manager container. This can be overridden with the filter hook ‘gtmkit_header_script_attributes’.
- Fix a bug that in some cases would cause a namespace problem.
- Declare compatibility with the WooCommerce Cart and Checkout blocks.
- Comply with WordPress Coding Standards.
[1.12.2] – 2023-08-15
- Fixes an error when no payment gateways are defined.
- Fixes empty items in begin_checkout event.
[1.12.1] – 2023-08-07
- A custom datalayer name was not registered correct
[1.12] – 2023-08-07
- Improved support for the WooCommerce cart and checkout blocks
- Added the class input-needed to the block list of the add_to_cart event
- Added option to import plugin settings from GTM4WP in the setup wizard
- Improved the setup wizard with option to enable essential settings
- Use global object for script data and settings
- Require WooCommerce 7.1
- Require WordPress 6.1
- Tested up to WordPress 6.3
- Tested up to WooCommerce 8.0
[1.11.1] – 2023-07-07
- Cast transaction_id to string. According to the GA4 documentation transaction_id should be a string as it allows numbers, letters, and special characters like dashes or spaces.
[1.11] – 2023-07-04
- Added Just-The-Container mode for those with simple needs. This option reduces the functionality to just the GTM container code.
- Added help section with GTM container import files
- Removed option to delay the container script by 2 seconds.
- WooCommerce tested up to: 7.9
- Added PHPStan to ensure code quality
- Refactored code and improved code quality
- All PHP classes are marked ‘final’
- The Gulp build tool has been removed and we are now using NPM as a build tool
[1.10] – 2023-06-12
- Added setup wizard for onboarding new users
- Updated dependencies
- Implemented Tailwind
[1.9] – 2023-04-19
- Added option to include the customer data in the data layer on the “purchase” event.
- Added the constant ‘GTMKIT_WC_DEBUG_TRACK_PURCHASE’, which allows you to force tracking of purchase event on every page refresh for debugging.
- Fixed a bug where Easy Digital Download Pro was not detected.
- Changed required capability from ‘install_plugins’ to ‘manage_options’.
- WooCommerce tested up to: 7.6.
[1.8] – 2023-04-03
- Added ‘add_to_wishlist’ event when used together with the most popular wishlist plugins ‘YITH WooCommerce Wishlist’ and ‘TI WooCommerce Wishlist’.
- Improve compatibility with other plugins and customisations.
- Added item_variant to the items element in the datalayer.
- Added ‘coupon’ to the datalayer.
- Added option to log helpful messages and warnings to the browser log.
- Fixed a bug where inline styles would be stripped from the HTML.
- Fixed af bug where items in the ‘view_cart’ event had double brackets.
[1.7.1] – 2023-03-23
- The begin_checkout event did not contain data layer values for ecommerce.currency and ecommerce.value
[1.7] – 2023-03-20
- Added support for the new WooCommerce checkout block
- Added meta box on posts where you can enter the page type to be included in the data layer.
- Added the filter gtmkit_admin_capability, which allows you to set the capability required to manage the plugin options.
- Added option to share anonymous data with the development team to help improve GTM Kit.
- Type cast the item value to prevent string values in the data layer
- On installations of Easy Digital Download where the Confirmation Page was not configured the Purchase event would not fire.
- Minor styling of the dashboard
- Updated the tutorial section
- Improved some help texts
- Added missing translation strings
- WordPress tested up to 6.2
- WooCommerce tested up to: 7.5.
[1.6.2] – 2023-02-27
- Backwards compatibility with PHP 7.2. Trailing comma in function calls is only available since PHP 7.3
[1.6.1] – 2023-02-23
- Added declaration of plugin compatibility with WooCommerce High-Performance Order Storage.
- WooCommerce tested up to: 7.4
[1.6] – 2023-01-24
- Added support Easy Digital Downloads for the events: view_item, add_to_cart, begin_checkout, purchase
- Added support for primary product category in Rank Math SEO
- WooCommerce tested up to: 7.3
- Refactored integrations
- Added missing translation string
[1.5.3] – 2023-01-03
- Align text domain with GlotPress making the plugin compatible with translations from WordPress.org
[1.5.2] – 2023-01-03
- Added better help texts.
- Fixed typos.
[1.5.1] – 2022-12-20
- Added better support for the Google Ads remarketing tag.
[1.5] – 2022-12-12
- Add option til select the Google business vertical value to include in all items. This is used for Google Ads remarketing.
- Add option to add a prefix to the item IDs.
- Fix wrong currency value in the Data Layer.
[1.4.5] – 2022-11-26
- By default the Contact Form 7 integration script will only load on pages where the Contact Form 7 script is registered.
- Tutorials and help text have been improved
- Fix datalayer_name collision when both WooCommerce and CF7 integration are active.
- WooCommerce tested up to: 7.1
[1.4.4] – 2022-11-20
- Added tutorials section to the dashboard.
- Fix the description og the CF7 integration.
[1.4.3] – 2022-11-08
- The items object was limited to 1 on the checkout page.
[1.4] – 2022-11-03
- Added options to add user data to the datalayer (logged in, user ID, user role).
- Added option to limit view_item event on variable products to the master product instead of pushing the view_item event on both the master and selected variation.
- Added edit button on container dashboard
- Clear the previous ecommerce object before add_to_cart.
- Set default option for CF7 integration
- Added support links in help section
[1.3.3] – 2022-10-30
- Fix custom datalayer name in CF7.
[1.3.1] – 2022-10-06
- A custom container domain would not be used in the noscript container.
[1.3] – 2022-09-30
- Added compatibility with WooCommerce High-Performance Order Storage.
- Added DNS prefetch for the Google Tag Manager host.
- Added Contact Form 7 Integration.
- New admin dashboard.
- New admin navigation.
- Cleaned up and formatted code.
[1.2] – 2022-09-13
- Option to include the defined page type. I.e. post, page, product, category, cart, checkout etc.
[1.1] – 2022-09-11
- Option to include the permalink structure of the product base, category base, tag base and attribute base in the datalayer.
- Option to include the path of cart, checkout, order received adn my account page in the datalayer.
- Fixes a bug where an aggressive wp_kses filter prevents add to cart tracking on product catagory pages.
- Disable WooCommerce settings if WooCommerce is not active
- Update logo.
[1.0] – 2022-09-06
The plugin has been used in production for a year and is considered stable. This is the first public release.